You can now check the expiry dates of your Driver Card (Tachograph) and dates and categories on your Driver Qualification Card on the government website.
IOSH Managing Safely CoursesInfo
We have spaces on our IOSH Managing Safely courses running on 13th to 16th March 2017 and 15th – 18th May 2017. Please contact Liz on 01343 541 211 for more information.
Merry Christmas and Happy New YearInfo
We would like to wish all our customers and Facebook followers a lovely Christmas and prosperous New Year. The office will re-open on 4th Jan 2017.
CPC OrkneyDriver CPC Info
We are running CPC on 19 and 20 March 2016 for Isbister Bros at the Merkister Hotel on Orkney. If you are interested, please contact Tommy at Isbister Bros on 01856 841525.
Open DayInfo Open Days
Please note that we do not have an Open Day this month. It was in 2015! Thanks.
Open Day 21st February 2015Info Open Days
McPherson Limited is the market leader in the transportation of bulk spirits in Scotland and the north of England.
We have a number of excellent career opportunities which you can find out more about at our open day on 21st February, 9AM – 3PM at McPherson Training, Moycroft Industrial Estate, Elgin, IV30 1XZ
We want to recruit the following:
- C+E drivers. We have a range of shift patterns on offer. Local or distance work.
- C licence drivers wishing to upgrade to C+E licence. We are willing to part fund your training to upgrade your licence and offer you a fulltime job on successfully obtaining your licence.
- Trainee HGV drivers. We also have a number of vacancies to part fund your training to achieve your C and C+E licence. Successful applicants will be offered fulltime employment on successfully obtaining their licence.
- HGV vehicle mechanics. Successful candidates will work Monday to Friday on an early and back shift rotating schedule. Some weekend work may be available. Other shift options are available. We offer a substantial rate to the right applicant who can keep us on the road 24/7. An HGV class C+E is desirable but not mandatory as training may be given.
- Trailer fitters. This role requires an employee with a proven track record in the maintenance of a complex fleet of trailers. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of ABS and EBS systems; you will be working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems as well.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities above please email email@example.com with your CV stating clearly the position that interests you. You can also arrange to have an assessment drive and interview on the day by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to book your slot.
You can also turn up on the day to find out more about the training opportunities.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR LICENCE AND PROOF OF YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK WITH YOU ON THE DAY.
We are offering 2 fantastic prizes of a fully funded training place to upgrade your C licence to C+E. You will also be offered fulltime employment on successful completion. The value of each of these prizes is £1200.
Open Day 26th January 2014Info Open Days
If you have a C+E licence and would like to come along for an interview and driving assessment why not join us on Sunday 26th January 2014 between 10am and 4pm at McPherson Training, Moycroft Road, Elgin IV30 1XZ. We offer an attractive remuneration package and the option of overtime shifts. On offer we have a range of flexible shift patterns, home or distance work, day or nightshift, weekends, full or part time. There is bound to be something to suit your requirements.
We are also interested in talking to you if you are considering upgrading your licence to C+E or even just thinking about getting into driving as a career. Our award winning Training School can help you with this with the aim of working for us in the future.
To book an interview or assessment slot please either email email@example.com or call 01343 541 211. You can also email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively just come along on the day and talk to us. Please remember to bring your licences with you.
This is the start of your future.
Transport News Award 2014Info
McPherson Training have won the prestigious ‘Scotland’s Top Training Operator of the Year award’! The award, sponsored by Transport News and Iveco, was presented in Glasgow to Richard Allen, Training Manager.
Yet another un-announced audit of one of our Driver CPC modules took place on 16th July 2012. Once again we obtained a 100% compliant report for our premises,and presentation equipment along with high comments on the knowledge, confidence and ability of our instructor. This should provide confidence to our clients that they are obtaining top quality training and real value for money.
Financial assistance in the form of grants from public financial organisations are often available to candidates meeting the requirements of the application. McPherson Training are happy to advise, where possible, if grants are available and where they can be sourced. Grants are often short lived due to their limited financial impact or limited availability. McPherson Training’s advise can often save clients wasting time chasing what is not available.